The YMCA of the Cayman Islands has exciting opportunities to join our growing team of professionals committed to youth and teens, education, family well-being and community strengthening. The YMCA of the Cayman Islands is a non-profit, charitable organisation and a member of the World Alliance of YMCA's, which has been committed to positive youth development since 1844. We are loyal to our organisations’ Christian heritage, character development and promoting our core values of honesty, caring, respect, responsibility and faith.
PROGRAMME SITE COORDINATOR, AFTER-SCHOOL (Part-Time)
PRIOR SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED, TEACHING EXPERIENCE PREFERRED. Must be an excellent role model that is passionate about positive youth development, dependable and of strong work ethic.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the overall supervision of children, staff and volunteers, activities and recordkeeping at the individually assigned school. Ensures a safe, high quality, fun and educational environment for all school-aged programme participants, while building a environment that fosters positive character development.
• Work closely with After-School leadership team to achieve departmental objectives.
• Provide direct management of all children enrolled in the programme.
• Plan weekly programme of activities, which includes the implementation of YMCA Curriculum, special events and recognition.
• Supervise, train and develop 15+ part-time staff and volunteers.
• Ensure that YMCA programme standards are met and safety procedures followed.
• Supports the upkeep and organisation of proper records and files, equipment, supplies and inventories.
• Oversee all site specific communication, working closely with school leadership and participant families.
• High school diploma.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in an after-school or childcare setting.
• Strong organisational, communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
• Minimum age 21.
• Should be able to lift and carry 20 lbs.
• Required to stand and be outdoors for extended periods of time.
Work Schedule & Compensation: Approx. 25 per week (with exception of school breaks), plus additional training/meeting times as dictated by programme needs, with 15-18 hours spent in programming Monday to Friday between 2:30-6:30pm.
Starting salary is CI$1,300-$1,700 per month (based on education and experience), plus part-time benefits.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30 July 2022
CAYMANIANS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. *Please note, we are only considering on island applicants*
YMCA PART-TIME BENEFITS: In addition to per annum salary, the YMCA offers part-time salaried employees: 50% paid health/medical individual insurance coverage, 5% employer paid pension, training opportunities, continuing education, YMCA programme discounts and career development opportunities.
Your application was submitted successfully.